Bradley M. Rose
Managing Partner and Co-Founder
Bradley Rose is the firm’s Managing Partner and co-founder. He is based in the firm’s Los Angeles office, but handles legal matters throughout California and other states.
- Established Kaye, Rose & Partners in 1992
- Associate Attorney Pillsbury Winthrop Shaw and Pittman 1990-1992
- Associate Attorney Lillick & McHose, 1986-1990
- Associate Attorney Derryberry, Parish, Gooding and McMahan, 1985-1986
- Admitted to California Bar, 1986
- Admitted to Oklahoma Bar, 1985
For the past 30 years, Mr. Rose has specialized in the litigation and transactional needs of multinational companies and large and small businesses engaged in the global transportation of goods, carriage of people and touristic travel. With a specialty in maritime and transportation law, he routinely represents international shipping companies, cruise lines and riverboat operators, third party logistics and trucking companies, travel agents, tour operators, and their respective insurance underwriters. He has defended shipowners in large scale pollution matters, labor strikes and contractual disputes with supply vendors and vessel chartering interests. Mr. Rose routinely handles lawsuits brought against freight brokers and warehouseman arising from the inland transportation of goods to points of delivery throughout the United States. He serves as Associate General Counsel for Cruise Lines International Association (CLIA), the world’s largest cruise trade association, where he is actively involved in responding to the legal and regulatory issues affecting the passenger ship industry. Mr. Rose has acted as lead trial counsel in several mass casualty lawsuits involving tourists injured in transportation related accidents while traveling abroad. He has an active trial and appellate practice focused on personal injury, commercial disputes, and regulatory matters in state and federal courts. He routinely consults in foreign proceedings and supervises parallel proceedings in the United States.
Working in Los Angeles for over 35 years, Mr. Rose has developed a specialty in entertainment law, routinely consulting with film and television production companies, specialty entertainment and new digital media companies. He represents an array of on-air talent at the major networks, handles financing transactions for film development and production, and has drafted production agreements between studios, production companies, talent and cruise lines.
- Los Angeles Chairperson International Trade Council
- Member, American Bar Association and Los Angeles County Bar Association
- Beverly Hills Bar Association
- Defense Research Institute
- CLM Alliance
- Trinidad Corp. v. S.S. Keiyoh Maru, 845 F. 2d 818, 1989 A.M.C. 627 (9th Cir., 1988);
- Hayman v. Sitmar Cruises, Inc., 14 Cal. App. 4th 1499 (1993);
- Roberson v. Norwegian Cruise Line, 897 F. Supp. 1285 (C.D. Cal. 1995);
- Interline v. Zim Israel Navigation Co., 2000 U.S. Dist. Lexis 10867 (2000);
- Trans-Tec Asia v M/V Harmony Container 518 F 3d 1120 (9th Cir. 2007);
- Princess Cruise Lines, Ltd. v. Superior Court (Wang), 179 Cal. App. 4th 36, 101 Cal. Rptr. 3d 323, 2009 Cal. App. LEXIS 1809 (Cal. App. 2d Dist. 2009);
- Priyanto v. M/S AMSTERDAM, 2009 WL175739 (USDC C.D. California);
- Capital Bank PLC v. M/Y Birgitta, 2010 WL 2902740 (C.D. Cal. 2010);
- Pacific Coast Container, Inc. vs. Zim American Integrated Shipping Services Co. 2011 WL 5037616 (Cal. App. 2011);
- Shirk v U.S. ex rel. Department of Interior, 773 F. 3d 999 (9th Cir. 2014);
- North of England Protecting and Indemnity v Tesoro Refining, 663 Fed. Appx 501 (9th Cir. 2016);
- Shridhar v Vantage Travel Services, Inc. 2016 WL 146600 (USDC C.D California);
- Mavromati v. Spot, LLC, 2016 WL 4820634 (C.D. Cal., 2016);
- Fekete v. Uniworld River Cruises, Inc. 2018 WL 6332283 (USDC C.D California).
Publications and Presentations
- Regulation in the Cruise Industry - International Bar Association, Washington D.C. 2016
- Introduction to the Maritime Labor Convention - Ft. Lauderdale Mariner’s Club 2013
- Anatomy of a 905 B Claim - North of England Protection and Indemnity Association - 2009
- MARPOL Annex VI – California Air Resources Board 2005
- University of Oklahoma (B.A. in Letters, 1982)
- University of Oklahoma College of Law (J.D., 1985)
- "AV" rated by Martindale Hubbell.
- Member, American Indian Law Review.
- National Appellate Advocacy Competitor.
- Recipient, Eugene Koontz Scholarship in Comparative Studies, Queens College, Oxford, England,
- Top 25 Boutique Law Firm in State of California.
- U.S. Supreme Court
- California Supreme Court
- U.S. Court of Appeals - Ninth and Tenth Circuits
- U.S. District Court - Central, Northern and Southern Districts of California; and Western and Northern Districts of Oklahoma