Frank C. Brucculeri
Frank is a Partner in our Los Angeles office. He routinely works in each of the firm offices handling litigation matters throughout California.
Admitted to California Bar, 1988. Began his legal career with the boutique Long Beach marine and transportation firm, Fisher Porter & Kent (1988-1996) specializing in marine and inland marine cargo litigation, marine coverage issues and the defense of Jones Act and third party personal injury suits. Mr. Brucculeri was a partner at Tabrisky Brucculeri & Stein LLP (1996-2003); a partner with Haight Brown & Bonesteel’s Costa Mesa office heading the marine coverage and personal injury defense group (2002-2003); a partner with Lewis Brisbois Bisgaard & Smith’s Costa Mesa Admiralty and Maritime Transportation Group (2003- 2004).
Mr. Brucculeri is a seasoned litigator with over three decades of experience. He maintains an active litigation practice before state, federal and administrative law courts representing shipping interests and their domestic and international marine insurance companies. His practice primarily focuses on the defense of marine and inland marine cargo claims and transportation related personal injury claims for a wide array of clients, including ocean carriers, OTIs, terminals, logistics companies, truckers and air-frieght carriers. He has further developed an expertise in representing importers, exporters, freight forwarders, ocean transport intermediaries, carriers and customs' brokers in matters relating to international trade and import/export regulations. He has handled numerous customs detentions, seizures and penalty proceedings relating to inbound cargoes into the United States (and Mexico) before the U.S. Customs and Border Patrol and in the Court of International Trade.
Mr. Brucculeri is also specialized in analyzing and resolving insurance coverage disputes. His also represents oil and gas producers in California. He has lectured at maritime and legal seminars concerning an array of issues.
- Member, Maritime Law Association of the United States
- Los Angeles County Bar Association.
- Griffith v. Martech, 754 F. Supp. 166 (C.D. Cal. 1989);
- Ghotra v. Bandilla Shipping Co., 1113 F.3d 1050, 1997 A.M.C. 1936 (9th Cir. 1998);
- Capital Bank PLC v. M/Y Birgitta, 2010 WL 2902740 (C.D. Cal. 2010);
- Pac. Coast Container, Inc. v. ZIM American Integrated Shipping Servs. Co., A128208 (Cal. Ct. App. Oct. 24, 2011);
- Mavromati v. Spot, LLC, 2016 WL 4820634 (C.D. Cal., 2016);
- Fekete v. Uniworld River Cruises, Inc. 2018 WL 6332283 (USDC C.D California).
- Williams College, (B.A., 1985)
- Tulane University School of Law (J.D., 1988)
"AV" rated by Martindale-Hubbell
- California Supreme Court
- U.S. Court of Appeals - Ninth and Seventh Circuits
- U.S. District Court - Central, Northern and Southern and Eastern Districts of California