Works extensively in Los Angeles and San Diego office and handles cases throughout Southern California.
Ms. Furman was admitted to the California bar in 1995. She gained initial experience in litigation at the maritime firm of Fisher and Porter in Long Beach before continuing her maritime career as an associate at Sands Narwitz Forgie Leonard and Lerner in Los Angeles, where she routinely worked in defense of Jones Act claims and cargo loss actions and in drafting marine insurance coverage opinions. She then established and maintained her own practice specializing in prosecuting appeals of administrative decisions to the federal district and circuit courts.
Ms. Furman excels in all types of legal writing, ranging from the drafting of watertight contracts and liability releases to dispositive pre-trial motions and persuasive appellate briefs. Through the administrative appeals process, she routinely analyzes and stays up to date with changes to federal regulations and agency-issued rulings. Her extensive experience with personal injury and disability cases has afforded her a significant facility with medical matters, both in the maritime context and in general civil litigation.
- Federal Bar Association, Transportation Law section
- University of California at Berkeley (B.A., 1990)
- Pepperdine University School of Law (J.D., 1994)
- Best Petitioner Brief, State and Western Region Moot Court competitions (1992, 1993)
- Judicial Extern, Hon. Morio L. Fukuto, California Court of Appeal, 2nd Appellate District, Los Angeles (1992)